Adding a Cost + Markup to Items (example below shown in ProCloud)
- Add or Edit an Item in the Project.
- Choose the + sign to add a Component (pricing information) or the pencil to Edit an existing one.
- Be sure that your % Type is set to Markup.
4. Enter the Markup %.
5. Enter your Unit Cost and Quantity.
6. The Sell Price will automatically calculate based on the Cost + Markup.
7. Choose OK.
8. The Item will show the component and the Total Estimated Price will include the Cost + Markup.
Example of a Proposal showing the Item Price with Cost + Markup:
You can set each of your Component Types to automatically be set to a Markup % Type, as well as enter a default Markup percentage amount. There is an overall Company setting for this; however, each Project can also have separate settings.
Company Settings: (File - Company information and settings - advanced - General tab)
Project Settings: (edit a project and select Default tab - advanced)